Sunday, May 15, 2011

Marina Abramovic#4

Like we discussed in class, she has lived her life on its full potential. This extraordinary lady has, but is it equal to say that the stressed our boy or girl in high school silting his/her wrist can have the same meaning? Not saying that suicide is an art, just simply the way this artist is romanticized about has me a bit confused. She put her body as the canvas. She is extremely brilliant with her work and im amazed. But body art also can be related to this, piercings and tattoos. She seems to be troubled, i think personally. But maybe the kid cutting is testing the boundaries of their body as Marina? Same with piercings and tattoos.  Marina seems to be a very interesting individual though. 
Performance rhythm 10, her personal thought in the piece.
I switch on the first cassette recorder. I take the knife and plunge it, as fast as I can, into the flesh between the outstretched fingers of my left hand. After each cut, I change to a different knife. Once all the knives (all the rhythms) have been used, I rewind the tape. I listen to the recording of the first performance. I concentrate. I repeat the first part of the performance. I pick up the knives in the same sequence, adhere to the same rhythm and cut myself in the same places. In this performance, the mistakes of the past and those of the present are synchronous. I rewind the same tape and listen to the dual rhythm of the knives. I leave.

Just amazed on how abstract her mind is to listen to the recording after?

No comments:

Post a Comment