Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Cypress's Gallery

I had never been to Cypress's Art Gallery, simply because I primarily come to school for class.  I enjoyed the video with Cypress College's Art director that created those "robots" out of cardboard.  The video caught my attention when the director was speaking about Cypress's Gallery and how its of the students not some rich artist.  I have to agree that art is and should be out of expression, not based on the worth of a piece.  I really appreciated that he tended to focus on the students themselves rather than himself.  There was also a quote stating something about freedom of religion on the wall.  I found that really cool and creative on how they integrated it to the government. Another video was with 2 girls whipping their hair at each other.  I felt that could of been considered as one of those "youtube" videos where people just mess around.  I couldn't really relate to what the artist was trying to say. though i thought it was really cool our college provides this opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment